Skip to main content
NTv Online

Sports

Sports
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Other sports
  • Tennis
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
Follow
  • Sports
AFP
27 March, 2016, 19:20
Update: 27 March, 2016, 19:20
More News
Rajshahi romp to BBPL title crushing Khulna
Tigers to tour Pakistan in three phases to play full series
Bangladesh women clinch gold medal
Bangladesh bat first in historic day-night Test against India
ICC bans Shakib from all forms of cricket for 2 years

Mashrafe blames ICC ban for Bangladesh T20 exit

AFP
27 March, 2016, 19:20
Update: 27 March, 2016, 19:20

Dhaka: Bangladesh skipper Mashrafe Mortaza on Sunday blamed the ICC's suspension of two of its key bowlers for illegal actions for his side's exit from the World Twenty 20.

Bangladesh were bundled out of the tournament after four straight losses in the Super 10 group stage -- including a crushing 75-run defeat to New Zealand on Saturday. 

But Mortaza said they were hobbled by the International Cricket Council's (ICC) decision to bar key pacemen Taskin Ahmed and left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny early in the group stages.

Bangladesh, whose side finished runners-up to India in the Asia Cup just before the World T20, made a failed frantic appeal to the ICC to have Taskin's suspension overturned.

"In the last eight matches, Taskin's economy rate was the best in the world. So it was always difficult to lose him," Mortaza said at Dhaka airport after returning home. 

"The way he was bowling, we had our plan set around him. We had to change the entire game plan. Before the Australia game when he was banned we could not hold our emotions due to this shock.

"We accepted that Sunny's action has problems. Even Sunny himself accepted it. But Taskin's ban was a complete shock for us," he said.

Bangladesh qualified for the group stages after commanding wins over the Netherlands and Oman, and Mortaza said the tournament had been a good learning experience.

"From now on, whoever we face, if we don't keep making small mistakes, it will not be easy to beat us. This is what I believe. We could not do this in Twenty20 in the past."

Most Read
  1. Get all sports-related updates under one umbrella
  2. History-maker SAFF Champions now role models for hundreds of girls
  3. Most Japan firms say Games should be cancelled or postponed
  4. Country's football legend Badal Roy passes away
  5. Corona curbs cricketing clash, creates concern
  6. Thank you captain, tigers win series
Most Read
  1. Get all sports-related updates under one umbrella
  2. History-maker SAFF Champions now role models for hundreds of girls
  3. Most Japan firms say Games should be cancelled or postponed
  4. Country's football legend Badal Roy passes away
  5. Corona curbs cricketing clash, creates concern
  6. Thank you captain, tigers win series

Follow Us

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Browse by Category

  • About NTV
  • NTV Programmes
  • Advertisement
  • Web Mail
  • NTV FTV
  • Satellite Downlink
  • Europe Subscription
  • USA Subscription
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact

Our Newsletter

To stay on top of the ever-changing world of business, subscribe now to our newsletters.

* We hate spam as much as you do

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Reproduction of any content, news or article published on this website is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved