Skip to main content
NTv Online

Sports

Sports
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Other sports
  • Tennis
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
Follow
  • Sports
AFP
25 May, 2017, 13:09
Update: 25 May, 2017, 13:09
More News
Rajshahi romp to BBPL title crushing Khulna
Tigers to tour Pakistan in three phases to play full series
Bangladesh women clinch gold medal
Bangladesh bat first in historic day-night Test against India
ICC bans Shakib from all forms of cricket for 2 years

BCCI raises concerns after Manchester attack

AFP
25 May, 2017, 13:09
Update: 25 May, 2017, 13:09

New Delhi: The Indian cricket board has sent a security officer to England amid concerns over team safety in the Champions Trophy following the Manchester bomb attack.

Acting president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) CK Khanna confirmed to AFP that Neeraj Kumar, security in-charge and consultant of its anti-corruption unit, left for England on Tuesday.

‘Neeraj Kumarji was anyhow supposed to travel with the team but had to go early after the attack,’ a senior BCCI official told AFP.

‘He will definitely go to the venues where India is scheduled to play and assess the security,’ the official added.

Kumar, a former Delhi Police Commissioner, was the head of security when the ICC World T20 Championship was hosted by India last year.

A suicide bomb attack rocked Manchester on Monday, killing 22 people at the end of a concert by US pop star Ariana Grande at Manchester Arena.

All teams are now wary ahead of the 50-over tournament that begins June 1. Holders India start their campaign against arch-rivals Pakistan in Birmingham on June 4.

The BCCI are in touch with the International Cricket Council regarding security in England as Virat Kohli and his side leave for the eight-team event late Wednesday.

‘We sent out a message (to ICC) raising our concerns about security of the Indian team’s travel, accommodation and the playing (area),’ BCCI acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary told reporters.

Chaudhary said the ICC ‘responded to it within two hours. They have been sensitised about our concern’.

The ICC released a statement Tuesday regarding security measures taken with the England and Wales Cricket Board.

‘The security situation has been very much front and centre of our preparations and we constantly review our procedures to guarantee they are as effective as possible to keep everyone safe,’ said an ICC statement.

Most Read
  1. Get all sports-related updates under one umbrella
  2. History-maker SAFF Champions now role models for hundreds of girls
  3. Most Japan firms say Games should be cancelled or postponed
  4. Country's football legend Badal Roy passes away
  5. Corona curbs cricketing clash, creates concern
  6. Thank you captain, tigers win series
Most Read
  1. Get all sports-related updates under one umbrella
  2. History-maker SAFF Champions now role models for hundreds of girls
  3. Most Japan firms say Games should be cancelled or postponed
  4. Country's football legend Badal Roy passes away
  5. Corona curbs cricketing clash, creates concern
  6. Thank you captain, tigers win series

Follow Us

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Browse by Category

  • About NTV
  • NTV Programmes
  • Advertisement
  • Web Mail
  • NTV FTV
  • Satellite Downlink
  • Europe Subscription
  • USA Subscription
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact

Our Newsletter

To stay on top of the ever-changing world of business, subscribe now to our newsletters.

* We hate spam as much as you do

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Reproduction of any content, news or article published on this website is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved