Skip to main content
NTv Online

Sports

Sports
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Other sports
  • Tennis
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
Follow
  • Sports
Reuters
11 July, 2016, 13:19
Update: 11 July, 2016, 13:19
More News
Rajshahi romp to BBPL title crushing Khulna
Tigers to tour Pakistan in three phases to play full series
Bangladesh women clinch gold medal
Bangladesh bat first in historic day-night Test against India
ICC bans Shakib from all forms of cricket for 2 years

Bangladesh rule out neutral venue for England series

Reuters
11 July, 2016, 13:19
Update: 11 July, 2016, 13:19
BCB chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury (L) is banking on Bangladesh's track record of hosting major events despite volatile times in the country. Photo: Getty Images

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has ruled out a neutral venue for their home series against England should the visiting team cancel their tour of the south Asian country after the July 1 attack at an upmarket Dhaka restaurant that left 20 dead.

England’s limited overs captain Eoin Morgan has called it a ‘big concern’ and felt a neutral venue to host the three-one day internationals and two tests would be a ‘feasible’ idea.

‘We always believe this (neutral) is never a solution,’ BCB chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury told the local media.

‘Cricket cannot stop in a country. The cricket operations of both BCB and ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board) are in continuous communication regarding the England tour of Bangladesh in October.

‘They are in discussion with the tour related matters, especially the logistics.’

An England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) spokesman said they would follow government advice on the trip.

‘A security delegate from England was supposed to come last month, but as they have tour of India after Bangladesh, I think they will do the security inspection of the two countries together,’ Chowdhury said.

‘We will get to know when they get confirmation from the two boards.’

Security has been an issue in the country previously. The Australian team postponed their Bangladesh tour last year and then pulled out of the under-19 World Cup following an advice from their government.

‘We have very good track record of hosting successful international events with the support from the government and the law enforcement departments,’ Chowdhury said.

England were set to play three ODIs and two tests from October 7 to November 1 in Bangladesh.

Most Read
  1. Get all sports-related updates under one umbrella
  2. History-maker SAFF Champions now role models for hundreds of girls
  3. Most Japan firms say Games should be cancelled or postponed
  4. Country's football legend Badal Roy passes away
  5. Corona curbs cricketing clash, creates concern
  6. Thank you captain, tigers win series
Most Read
  1. Get all sports-related updates under one umbrella
  2. History-maker SAFF Champions now role models for hundreds of girls
  3. Most Japan firms say Games should be cancelled or postponed
  4. Country's football legend Badal Roy passes away
  5. Corona curbs cricketing clash, creates concern
  6. Thank you captain, tigers win series

Follow Us

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Browse by Category

  • About NTV
  • NTV Programmes
  • Advertisement
  • Web Mail
  • NTV FTV
  • Satellite Downlink
  • Europe Subscription
  • USA Subscription
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact

Our Newsletter

To stay on top of the ever-changing world of business, subscribe now to our newsletters.

* We hate spam as much as you do

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Reproduction of any content, news or article published on this website is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved